I was cooking for a community collective cooking class, the topic was beans. I was looking for a tasty dessert incorporating this cheap and healthy ingredient. I found it on 101cookbooks, but needed a less complicated recipe- and so here it is!
Makes 12-16brownies depending on how big you cut them
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup crushed walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- a splashes water
- dashes salt
- 1 packet chocolate chips/dark chocolate
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8 by 8 square baking dish.
- Mix the flax with a splash of water until it becomes an “eggy” consistency. (For vegan recipes you can replace eggs with three times flax mixture)
- crush the walnuts into small peices in blender or by hand, and set aside. Melt the chocolate in the microwave for 40 seconds or on double broiler.
- Combine the rinsed black beans, flax egg, melted chocolate,eggs, oil, cocoa powder, salt, vanilla extract, sugar, and instant coffee in a blender; blend until smooth.
- Place mixture into 8 by 8 greased baking dish. Top with crushed walnuts and place in the oven for 30 minutes.Enjoy!